JOB TITLE: VTC Junior Tech/Scheduler
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Assist customers in scheduling, testing, troubleshooting, monitoring, and conducting IP, SIP and ISDN point-to-point, and multipoint VTC sessions.
- Provide excellent customer service to SSA employees through the Help Desk call queue, email and Instant Messaging applications.
- Monitor video teleconference bridge connections through the day. Connect, validate, and actively monitor VTC performance to ensure that both audio and video are functioning properly for the duration of the bridge reservation.
- Assist in Tier I troubleshooting of bridge calls and point-to-point VTC calls.
- Provide video reservation and video endpoint training to users.
- Create and deliver various reports on bridge or endpoint usage and attributes.s
- Assemble, configure and provision video systems for the network.
- Maintain video system inventory in the agency’s Asset Management Configuration System (AMCR).
- Assist the customer or field
- Escalate any infrastructure or network issues to Tier II techs, the Project Engineers, the Program Manager and the Senior Field Engineer.
- Participate in any administrative or technical projects assigned by management.
- Draft Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for VTC operations.
technicians in assembly and configuration of various video systems models.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB:
- Tech experience and/or education (A+ or Net+ Certs are a plus). Someone in pursuit of an IT career.
- Detail oriented
- Customer service skills (both telephone and writing)
- Conscientious, hard-working, motivated.
- Lives under an hour away from Woodlawn, MD
- Typing skills
- Prior experience working on a Federal Government contract
- 1 – 2 years of VTC technical support experience
- 1 – 2 years of VTC scheduling experience
- Knowledge of VTC systems, setup, and troubleshooting techniques
- Excellent customer support skills
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field