JOB TITLE: Senior Unified Communications Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
As a Senior UC Engineer, you will be part of an amazing group that delivers excellent service to our customers while building relationships that will last beyond your daily workday. An environment where you get rich experience in multi-vendor environments, and large enterprise deployments collaborating with a team of collaborative team to deliver outstanding UCC solutions and address critical technology challenges in the environment. The ideal candidate demonstrates the right attitude and aptitude to have the appetite to learn new technologies, expanding upon core knowledge.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB:
The ideal candidate for the Senior UC Engineer role must have a minimum 5 years of hands-on Cisco Unified Communications technologies with a focus on design implementation and Tier 3 support. Education/experience: BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. A team player who can be involved in project implementation, operation, and optimization of the technologies listed below. This is highly facing customer facing role, so excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are required. The Senior UC Engineer will be responsible for tactical Unified Communications (UC) deployments, troubleshooting, monitoring and optimization of IP telephony, video and mobility solutions based on reference architecture established by the Unified Communications Architects. Primary areas of focus will be setting up of redundant SIP Gateways for secure SIP Trunking with E911 replacing field PRIs along with implementation of West Emergency Gateways and an enhanced 911 solution for the department of Transportation Security Administration (TSA) on a nationwide scale.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, configure, implement and troubleshoot Cisco CUBEs and Secure SIP Trunk infrastructure. SIP over TLS along with secure RTP.
- Design, configure, implement and troubleshoot West Emergency Gateways Enhanced E911 solution formerly branded as Interado 911Enable.
- Provide on-call operational level support for SIP Gateways and Emergency 911 infrastructure. Conduct Proof of Concepts for emerging technologies and present recommendations to design team and management.
- Perform MACD requests on Cisco UCC infrastructure to provide VOIP services support at mid to advanced level.
- Available for on-call and emergency response as needed.
- Identify and recommend improvement opportunities that are consistent with client needs.
- Off hour work may be required during maintenance windows.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with client, vendors and staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal or no supervision
- Demonstrate ability to implement, drive and track projects
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
- Collaborate and interface with other network infrastructure teams.
- Professional experience to include customer service, requirements gathering, task execution, problem solving, sound judgment around crisis escalation.
- Experience in design, implementation and troubleshooting of SIP Trunking, ,
- Hands on experience on Cisco CUBE on both ISR and ASR platforms
- Experience handling large scale PRI to SIP trunk migration projects.
- Secure SIP on TLS 1.2 and Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) including G.711 and G.729 codecs, and Digital Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF).
- Experience with Cisco CUBE Box to Box redundancy.
- West / Interado 911 Enable Emergency Gateways for E911
- Cisco Emergency Responder 10.x, 11.x
- Familiarity with IPSec implementation and troubleshooting. Demonstrable experience of advanced troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems for routing, switching, security and large scale voice implementations.
- Design, configure and troubleshoot QoS classification, marking and prioritization of network traffic (voice, critical applications, etc.). Create/Support IPSec MPLS VPN infrastructure Implement and support BGP routing protocols
- Excellent knowledge of SIP signaling and call-flows.
- Sound understanding of Cisco Call Routing Fundamentals.
- Experience on Cisco CUBE ASR and ISR’s for SIP Trunking with Service Providers
- Complete gateway configuration and support (including 911)
- Strong Understanding of UC & Network Protocols: SIP, MGCP, ISDN, DHCP, VLAN, CDP,
- Ability to clear required clearance
- US Citizen
- Sound understanding of Cisco Collaboration Product Portfolio, including but not limited to
- Experience with Cisco HCS platform and HCS-G,
- CUCDM Cisco Unified Communication Domain Manager
- UC: Unity Connection, IM& Presence, UCCX, SME,
- VTC: VCS C/E, Expressway C/E