DEPARTMENT: Telecom VERSA Integrated Solutions, Inc. is a Maryland based SBA 8(a) certified engineering company. VERSA is committed to delivering technical expertise and engineering services that are both cost conscious and offer the highest return on investment for our customers. VERSA takes the time to fully understand our customers’ business needs, and engineers’ solutions that are both flexible and scalable to evolve as the customer grows and changes over time.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The objective of this requirement is to procure services for the operation, maintenance, and management of a full-service IT facility in Austin, Texas with a backup IT facility to support the Office of Job Corps.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains close contact with and understanding of all activity being performed within the Training department to ensure that the appropriate coordination takes place at all times. Maintains cognizance of all changes taking place and determines what impact this may have on the users. Provides training and orientation to staff, so as to minimize any problem areas.
- Manages the support and content of all existing Job Corps sponsored Intranet websites in compliance with DOL policies.
- Manages the delivery of adequate training to all Job Corps customers.
- Manages the development, deployment, and maintenance of JCDC documentation (including weekly newsletters, JCDC Notices, application help files, special customer instructions sheets and internal JCC policies and procedures documentation) for customers and internal staff.
- Responsible for establishing an educational training department that will satisfy all training requirements resulting from IT systems development, implementation, and maintenance using the Job Corps available infrastructure (i.e., video/audio conferencing, web conferencing, learning management systems).
- Responsible for development of Help files that are made available through applications on the center network.
- Maintains training development and a current training resources library for the Job Corps Program which includes but is not limited to IT system manuals, web-based training, help files, learning management content, program notices, and DOL/Job Corps standard forms.
- Develops and maintains training tracking systems for reporting training participation levels.
- Develops publications for field to identify available training tools using the existing infrastructure and providing status of IT activities/projects at the data center.
- Responsible for facilitating team use of instructional media (audio/visual, distance learning, video/audio conferencing, web-based training, online training) using the Job Corps existing infrastructure.
- Identifies and develops content for new areas for training resulting from customer feedback, or OJC directives.
- Provides regular progress reports to Project Director and COTR
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to utilize automated products and graphics packages for preparation of presentation material; utilize a wide variety of audio/visual software and aids in training material preparation and presentation.
- Must have demonstrated ability to function in a modern learning lab utilizing audio/visual aids, web-based instruction, computer-assisted instruction, etc., for an environment similar to Job Corps infrastructure.
- Must be familiar with software and IT systems testing processes and training in an environment similar to Job Corps. Must be able to prepare, administer, develop and carry out extensive training initiatives and coordinate training activities in the Job Corps environment using established training tools.
- Ability to manage multiple, functionally diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Proven ability to supervise groups of individuals.
- Substantial experience in a training/user support environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform the administrative functions inherent in a position such as this one. Examples of these types of functions include providing assistance to the Director in all his/her administrative activities; acting on behalf of the Director in his/her absence; maintenance of daily liaison with client contacts and with the Contractor’s on-site Managers-Supervisors; preparation of written documents such as white papers, letters and reports; troubleshooting; visits to work sites/projects as appropriate.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Must possess a four-year college degree (advanced degree highly desired), either in education or in an IT related discipline.
- Must have at least ten years’ experience in management of educational environments (preferably adult basic education administration, classroom, curriculum development, test administration, education program analysis, etc.).
- Must have at least three years’ experience writing, conducting, and documenting IT systems testing and training.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing training tools and materials to support an infrastructure similar to Job Corps.
- Must have managed 5 or more staff in a similar environment.
- 6 years’ experience as a functional manager in an IT services provider organization.
KEY COMPENTENCIES: TBD