DEPARTMENT: TelecomVERSA Integrated Solutions, Inc. is a Maryland based SBA 8(a) certified engineering company. VERSA is committed to delivering technical expertise and engineering services that are both cost conscious and offer the highest return on investment for our customers. VERSA takes the time to fully understand our customers’ business needs, and engineers’ solutions that are both flexible and scalable to evolve as the customer grows and changes over time.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:The Network/Security Engineer plans, configures, deploys, tests, maintains, monitors and troubleshoots client’s internal network components to provide a robust communications platform. The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintains a robust, highly available, high performance data center network infrastructure involving multiple distributed systems.
- Installs, configures, administers, upgrades and maintains complex Cisco network switches, routers, Wireless, VPN, load balancers and ASA and FTD firewalls.
- Secures network systems by enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Manages security posture of the network system to ensure compliance with Job Corps, DOL and US government policies
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring infrastructure; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with 3rd party support resources and fellow IT engineers on network optimization.
- Supports all data services across the enterprise; analyzes bandwidth requirements and provide proactive cost and capacity planning.
- Leads network projects to support capacity growth, upgrades and new products/features, and integration.
- Provides Tier 3 support for all network issues; must be available for maintenance windows after hours and over weekends.
- Participates in the diagnosis, isolation and resolution of network problems. Identifies and documents the root cause.
- Drives documentation of Standard Operating Procedure documents.
- Transfers project knowledge to Support Team members
- Works closely with other departments/organizations and collaborates with other IT staff.
- Ensures the most cost-effective and efficient use of network infrastructure. Drives improvements in network process and standardization.
- Extensive experience configuring and maintaining Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Cisco firewalls and Cisco wireless access points, LAN/WAN Technologies.
- In-depth experience on network design, planning, and implementing scalable, highly available, mission critical network infrastructures.
- Broad understanding of routing protocols including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, VRF
- Experience setting up and tuning scalable enterprise on-demand mesh VPNs using DMVPN, NHRP, PKI
- Advanced skills in developing scripts (perl, powershell, python and vendor APIs) to automate infrastructure deployment and collect metrics
- Proficient in UNIX/Linux and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Thorough understanding of network security, common problems and solutions (ACL, firewall filtering, IPS, VPN and host based security).
- Experience working with Cisco ISE for network access and device admin
- QoS design and implementation experience for voice, video and critical data
- A good understanding of VOIP concepts as it relates to Cisco Unified Communication Manger
- Excellent understanding of Layer 2 network concepts including spanning tree, VPC, and VLAN design
- Working knowledge of Load Balancer technologies including Netscaler
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Network Monitoring and other network administration tools: LiveAction, IP Management, Wireshark, SNMP, Netflow,
- Solid analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer skills. Demonstrated ability to interact with non-technical end users over the phone and in person and to resolve end user problem with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Willing and able to travel on short notice to resolve customer issues
- Must be proficient in English and be able to communicate effectively with all levels of users in the organization including executives
- Excellent inter-personal skills and a commitment to furthering the goals of the organization
- Must be a self-starter that can manage multiple priorities and deliver on commitments every time
- Certification such as CCIE Route/Switch or CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) in Routing and Switching and in Security.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum Five (5) years’ experience in a hands on technical role in enterprise operations environment with a complex IT infrastructure
KEY COMPENTENCIES: TBD