DEPARTMENT: Telecom VERSA Integrated Solutions, Inc. is a Maryland based SBA 8(a) certified engineering company. VERSA is committed to delivering technical expertise and engineering services that are both cost conscious and offer the highest return on investment for our customers. VERSA takes the time to fully understand our customers’ business needs, and engineers’ solutions that are both flexible and scalable to evolve as the customer grows and changes over time.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The objective of this requirement is to procure services for the operation, maintenance, and management of a full-service IT facility in Austin, Texas with a backup IT facility to support the Office of Job Corps.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide third level end user support for network related issues
- Conduct preventative maintenance activities on LANs and WAN
- Manage and maintain Network Management System
- Coordinate voice/data service ordering and installation with National/Local service providers.
- Document network infrastructure including circuits and keep documentation current
- Make recommendations regarding network enhancements
- Participate in design and deployment of network infrastructure projects
- Lead and follow through on all telecommunication projects to completion
- Serve as team and project lead on telecommunications projects
- Demonstrated experience supporting an enterprise network
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Previous experience with Federal Telecommunications service contracts
- Excellent understanding of network technologies
- Excellent understanding of Cisco routers, switches, and wireless technology
- Good understanding of Voice-Over-IP technologies
- Desired Certifications: CCNP/CCVP/CCDA
- Seven (7) years’ experience supporting an enterprise network
- Five (5) experience deploying LAN/WAN technologies
- Five (5) years hands on experience maintaining Cisco Routers, Switches,
- Wireless technologies.
- Five (5) years’ experience supporting VPNs
- Five (5) years’ experience supporting Network Management Systems
- Four (4) years’ experience working with Voice-Over-IP technologies
KEY COMPENTENCIES: TBD