DEPARTMENT: QA Compliance VERSA Integrated Solutions, Inc. is a Maryland based SBA 8(a) certified engineering company. VERSA is committed to delivering technical expertise and engineering services that are both cost conscious and offer the highest return on investment for our customers. VERSA takes the time to fully understand our customers’ business needs, and engineers’ solutions that are both flexible and scalable to evolve as the customer grows and changes over time.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: We are seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst with 10+ years of experience in both automation and manual testing of web applications. Ideally, this person would have experience in Agile, Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD), and/or DevOps. This person will work on a small team of QA, alongside several Development teams. This person must be capable of mentoring QA team members who may have less technical expertise. This person will be responsible as the Acting Team Lead in cases of the Team Lead’s absence.
- Supports the development and maintenance of test plans, test suites, test cases for 30+ software projects.
- Support the QA team in writing, updating, and running functional test cases to identify defects in the software, create bug reports, and validate bug fixes.
- Supports the testing of software releases, fixes, and versions to ensure a product is delivered with high quality standards.
- Support the development of an automated test suite framework for web applications with tests that can be maintained/run by a manual QA testing team.
- Support the design and creation of test scripts using C# to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for implementation.
- Works closely with Development, Configuration Management, Database Administration, System Administration, Training, and Technical Assistance teams.
- Mentor QA team members with an in-depth understanding of web application testing coverage, how to translate business rules and requirements into test scenarios, how to anticipate and identify flaws, how to write SQL for test data and/or data verification, etc.
- Act as QA Team Lead during the current Team Lead’s absence.
- 10+ years of experience in Quality Assurance testing of web applications, should include experience with both manual and automated testing.
- 4-year degree, BS in Computer Science preferred.
- Experience with mentoring manual QA testers with automation testing and improving software testing practices.
- Ability to create scripts beyond record and playback using C#.
- Ability to develop functions, add control flow logic, loops etc.
- Experience working with GUI object recognition and customization.
- Experience testing web applications, SQL, Windows GUI.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, design and debugging skills.
- Basic level knowledge of RDBMS concepts.
- Experience using various testing tools, processes, strategies; and experience with innovating to select those that work best.
- Familiar with Agile development processes.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated team player.
Experience/Education: DESIRED SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE:
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) / Microsoft Test Manager (MTM)
- Visual Studio Coded UI
- Team City
- Octopus Deploy
- Progress Telerik Test Studio
- Selenium Web Driver
- C# / .NET
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Agile, CI/CD, DevOps
KEY COMPENTENCIES: TBD