JOB TITLE: Sr. Network Engineer
LOCATION: National Institute of Health, Bethesda, Maryland
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Performs a variety of UCC network engineering tasks, either independently or under supervision, which are broad in nature and are concerned with the design and implementation of UCC integrated networks, including personnel, hardware, software, and support facilities and/or equipment. Supervises team of Network Engineers through project completion.
Provide support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications requirements, designs and orders. Provide in-depth engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives for government agencies in support of their strategic modernization efforts. Provide telecommunications enhancement designs for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures. Provide interface support to telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and performs UCC network engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with network design, engineering and customer specifications.
- Work with team of UCC network engineers through project completion.
- Responsible for major UCC technical/engineering projects of higher complexity and importance than those normally assigned to lower level engineers.
- Coordinates the activities of UCC Network Engineers and Network Technicians assigned to specific network engineering projects.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- BA or Equivalent
- BA – 6 years