VERSA Integrated Solutions, Inc. is a Maryland based SBA 8(a) certified engineering company. VERSA is committed to delivering technical expertise and engineering services that are both cost conscious and offer the highest return on investment for our customers.
VERSA takes the time to fully understand our customers’ business needs, and engineers’ solutions that are both flexible and scalable to evolve as the customer grows and changes over time.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The objective of this requirement is to procure services for the operation, maintenance, and management of a full-service IT facility in Austin, Texas with a backup IT facility to support the Office of Job Corps.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:»
- Responsible for the design, installation, upgrades, monitoring, maintenance, and performance tuning of production and backup recovery databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
- Support the production database systems and respond to and resolve production issues. Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Responsible for application-oriented database administration and technical support for the various environments.
- Has a willingness to work with customers of varying levels of technical expertise and establishes and maintains a high level of user trust.
- Provide database related technical support. Provide database on-call support rotation as required, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Deploy SQL code to database servers following the organizations Change Management Process.
- Use good communication skills to share technical information in a concise and articulate manner.
- Define and develop database documentation and standards.
- Create and maintain documentation and operating procedures to ensure compliance. Responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing
- Database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
- This individual shall be a qualified IT professional capable of working independently in debugging source programs and in recognizing hardware and/or software problems. This person shall have demonstrated experience (within the most recent year) in developing program design and specifications from program associated requirements and in providing associated documentation.
- Individuals in this category shall possess recent demonstrated experience with Sybase ASE Server, SAP Replication Server, SAP ISQL, and SAP SQL Advantage, acting in a DBA capacity or as a senior member of a DBA staff.
- Establishment of Technical Standards and Guidelines for database users.
- Review/approval of user applications which will access the database.
- Database design specifically design of tables, indexes, and their elements.
- Control of the SAP Software operating environment, including allocation of space for users, tuning shared memory parameters and maintenance of logical and physical logs.
- Technical implementation of software measures to ensure database integrity.
- DBMS training functions: explaining composition and use of SAP ASE to users.
- Establishment and maintenance of a data dictionary.
- Use of SAP utilities for DBMS maintenance, especially for backup and restore functions.
- Individuals in this category shall possess the written and oral communications skills necessary to communicate effectively with customers, Job Corps management and other contract support personnel.
- 7 to 10 years of database administration experience, minimum 3 years in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher, Microsoft SQL Clustering experience preferred.
- Prefer candidates with BI (Business Intelligence) experience including SSAS, SSIS, SSRS (Analysis Services, Integration Services and Reporting Services).
- Working knowledge of database replication and mirroring.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server backup and recovery process.
- Software development process experience.
- Must understand RDBMS and database-based applications.
- Demonstrated experience with the following technologies: database modeling, MS SQL Server, SQL Programming, Object-Oriented Analysis and Design methodology.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Must work well in team environment with high productivity.
- Good communication skills and people skills.
- Knowledge of Sybase databases is a plus.
KEY COMPENTENCIES: TBD