DEPARTMENT: Operations VERSA Integrated Solutions, Inc. is a Maryland based SBA 8(a) certified engineering company. VERSA is committed to delivering technical expertise and engineering services that are both cost conscious and offer the highest return on investment for our customers. VERSA takes the time to fully understand our customers’ business needs, and engineers’ solutions that are both flexible and scalable to evolve as the customer grows and changes over time.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The objective of this requirement is to procure services for the operation, maintenance, and management of a full-service IT facility in Austin, Texas with a backup IT facility to support the Office of Job Corps.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for configuration management issues associated with software development, control of software, and the software releases. Work closely with Development, Testing, and Quality Assurance to define and implement procedures for releasing products throughout the whole software development life cycle.
- Develop and maintain configuration management plans for the software projects under development.
- Establish a software baseline which support Development, Testing, and Production, and control all changes to the baseline using CM techniques.
- Track and record software changes, software change requests, software versions, and software release.
- Implement and maintain a software change process.
- Work closely with software development, testing and quality assurance to ensure a product is developed, tested, and delivered with minimal problems.
- Continually researches and improves methods of production and processes to ensure an error-free delivery of a software release.
- Ensure proper archiving and audibility of software and product releases.
- Perform all builds/compiles from delivered source code
- Responsible for being the main administrator of the version control tool Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Must have substantial experience in configuration management issues associated with software development, control of software, and the software releases.
- Must have substantial experience in defining and implementing procedures for releasing products throughout the SDLC including system Development, Testing, and Quality Assurance
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills for communicating with customers, management, and other Contractor support personnel.
- Must have substantial experience working in a Windows environment, and preferably an AIX/Unix environment.
- 3+ years configuration management experience
- 4-year degree, BS in computer science preferred
- Experience creating and working with schedules
- Experience using a version control tool, preferably Microsoft TFS
- Experience using PowerBuilder 9.0 or higher, SQL, Visual Studio, and using CM procedures a plus, including having experience doing builds.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience with Windows 2000 +, XP, and AIX a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience using MS office 97+, FTP, WS_Ftp32, IIS Administration a plus
KEY COMPENTENCIES: TBD