JOB TITLE: Audio/Visual Technician
LOCATION: Silver Spring, MD
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Coordinate conference rooms for meetings and events for by engaging in room configurations, and equipment testing to ensure that all A/V equipment is fully functional and meets client’s specifications
- Configure tables, chairs, podiums, microphones, speakers, easels, audio/visual equipment including IT usage, projectors, and projection screens, etc. as needed. This is to include configuration to the lighting system, AV and sound system, for the occupant for event proceedings, both prior to, during and after event to support and restore the same locations to pre-event conditions.
- Schedule and attend meetings defining requirements and cost estimates and provide annotated record of meeting information.
- Employee must be familiar with conference room reservation software.
- Oversee A/V/IT equipment and needs for the Meetings Center ensuring all systems are fully operational and up-to-date.
- Emergency Services Support
- Perform weekly A/V equipment management and maintenance to report any equipment issues to the facilities manager
- Crates management, keep records, order boxes when needed
- Provide back up to service desk using Archibus to service maintenance tickets
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB:
EXPERIENCE: 10 years conference room coordinator experience configuring conference rooms, establishing A/V connections and troubleshooting equipment based on client specifications. Experience with facilities management, light furniture installation and conference room reservation software such as Archibus, EMS or AgilQuest.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree, desired